How did I get neck pain?
In our modern world the potential for neck pain is high. The causes are many and we often have more than one contributor.
The most common way is by repeated and long duration stress to ligaments, muscles and joints.
- A forward head posture caused by using computers, phones and reading books
- Sitting on the couch watching TV and using handheld devices
- Long periods of driving
- Poor sleeping postures, especially sleeping on your stomach
The neck is also vulnerable to injuries with rapid, sudden or forceful movements.
- Motor vehicle injuries through whiplash or air bags
- Sudden turning of your head and body when surprised or scared
- Contact injuries playing sport
Chronic (long term from 6 weeks to months or even years) neck pain can develop in a number of ways
- Exposure to years of faulty neck movements that slowly cause damage
- Arthritis caused by a significant injury years ago that was never properly attended to
How can neck pain present?
Neck pain has many presentations both at the neck and elsewhere.
- Constant pain in a small area or over the entire neck
- Pain with certain movements like head checks when driving
- Pain referring up into the head with the potential of headache
- Pain and tingling into the shoulders, arm and hands
How Chiropractic can help you get Neck Pain Relief
The first and most important step is to evaluate if we can help you. We are well trained to conduct a thorough history followed by an orthopedic, neurological and physical examination.
If you have any imagery studies (X-ray, MRI, CT) already performed these are valuable. If you don't these may be requested if the history and examination deems this important to your case.
- Provide a diagnosis
At the end of our examination, we will be able to provide you with an accurate diagnosis in Essendon.
- Plan a Course of Action
If after the examination, we will help you to plan a Course of Action in Essendon to get you back to where you want to be. We will be able to give you:
a) A timeline of how long the process will take
b) The techniques we recommend
c) What you need to modify at home/work/gym/sport
d) Give you any necessary exercises and advice that assist recovery
Helping people in these suburbs, and more.
Aberfeldie, Airport West, Broadmeadows, Brunswick, Brunswick East, Brunswick West, Coburg, Coburg North, Dallas, Essendon, Essendon North, Essendon West, Gladstone Park, Glenroy, Greenvale, Hadfield , Jacana, Keilor, Keilor Park, Moonee Ponds, Moreland, Niddrie, Oak Park, Pascoe vale ,Strathmore, Strathmore Heights